Pic(k) of the week 13: HUNGRY BIRDS - 24 HOUR PROJECT DUBAI

The last few days have been a bit hectic as we are finalizing the 24 HOUR PROJECT in DUBAI. In case you missed the announcement of the largest Street/Documentary photography project and want to participate, it is still not too late! It is happening worldwide in over 700 cities next SAT, April 1st (no, not an April fools!). Check out one of my previous posts here

The registrations for the 24 HOUR PROJECT in Dubai have been very strong; with over 35 photographers registered today, this is at least a fivefold of previous years. 

Congrats to the 24 HOUR PROJECT organizers for breaking the previous record of 718 cities and 107 countries being registered!   

Back to my Pic(k) of the week,... Hungry birds is an image shot at a place I'll definitively try to visit at Dubai Creek (Bur Dubai side) next SAT; it is known for the constant flow of people feeding the seagulls and can provide you with some interesting photographs.

Life at the Creek


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-100F 
  • ISO 800, f10, 1/900s
  • Lightroom CC with Classic Chrome Camera Profile 
As I've been recovering from my ski-injury end of February, I've  only shot with the new Fujifilm X-100F. While I wasn't too convinced about the improved autofocus in my First look review of the X-100F, I must correct myself now, which I've also done with a post edit in the original post! The autofocus of the latest X-100 series is definitively much faster and snappier than its predecessor, the X-100T; obviously this had to do with the pre-release firmware that was installed when I initially tested the camera several months ago.

More images shot around the Dubai Creek area can be found in my "Life around the Creek" gallery. 

Remember: "IF IT DOESN'T CHALLENGE YOU, IT WON'T CHANGE YOU". 


BJORN

Comments