Pic(k) of the week 32: Mussel farms aerial, Normandy | Fujifilm X-T2 goes flying

Early July, I set off for a weeklong photo-flying adventure in my 1954 Piper Super Cub, along the coastline of Normandy, part of Brittany and Alderney (Channel islands). Even though it was foremost a holiday, it turned out to be a great trip for Aerial photography as well!

Shooting the new Fujifilm X-T2, I used my trusty aerial photography lens; the XF 18-135. I've blogged about this lens, which I now almost exclusively use  when shooting the world from above, here.

The different patterns is what interests me most in my aerial photography; a great example below is an image shot from a few thousand feet, of some of the mussel farms along the Normandy coast (close to Pirou plage). I was intrigued by the spectacular rock formations and mussel farms in the top of the image. The great azure blue makes the image even more stand out to me!

Knowing that this part of France has the largest variations in the tide (up to 15m / 50ft), we timed our photoshoot with the low tide in order to get a more interesting image. 

I already stated it in my X-T2 review (click here for more), but I'm really impressed how Lightroom CC (and Adobe Camera RAW) now reveals fine detail in the new X-Trans III files. Make sure, you check out the image full screen for the best viewing experience!



Image details:
Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF 18-135 lens
ISO 200, 1/500s, f5.6, 44mm (66mm full frame equivalent) 
Lightroom CC for RAW file development

Over the years, my Aerial photography gallery has grown into an interesting project. More views from above can be found here

Time permitting, I'll try to blog about the entire trip, but one can definitively expect one or two other Pic(k)'s of the week from France, in the near future. 

Remember: "You haven't seen a tree, until you have seen its shadow from the sky" - Amelia Earhart


BJORN


Comments