2 Week "test-flight" of the Fujifilm X-E2 in New Zealand

Tonight I'm leaving for "Down Under" again; less than 48 hrs after having arrived from Melbourne (AUS) as the PIC (pilot in command), this time I'll be a passenger on one of the two daily non-stop Dubai to Sydney flights. After a brief 36 hr stay in Australia, we will be continuing further East to eventually start a two week photo adventure around the South-Island of New-Zealand. 

Like earlier "Photo-Flying adventures", our way of transportation is a bit different from your standard photography trip. We've rented a single engine aircraft, which weather permitting, we will fly around the South island of NZ. Beside some good opportunities for aerial photography, I also plan on doing a fair amount of landscape work in between flights. In case you are wondering, my wife will do most of the flying, while I will take care of the photography!



Unlike previous photography adventures, this time the heavy DLSR (Nikon D800) will stay home! Most will know that my preferred Travel Photography camera nowadays is the Fujifilm X-E1. Together with the three Fujinon lenses I own ( 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 14mm 2.8), this should be all I need for two weeks of photography! It wasn't an easy decision but I'm confident that it will work...

And then there was a phone call yesterday afternoon... a brand-new pre-production Fujifilm X-E2 with the 27mm pancake lens, has been made available for me to test during the trip "Down Under". I'm honoured to have been selected by Fujifilm Middle East, to field test this camera! 

With the X-E2 acting as my main camera, the X-E1 will still be a great companion and backup. 
While I will be posting images made with the new Fujifilm X-E2 on Facebook and Google Plus, you can expect an honest in the field review of this brand new mirror-less camera, early next month.

Similar like on the Florida and the Bahamas from 1000 feet trip, I'm also planning to shoot some video footage with a GoPro Hero mounted on the wings and tail of our Piper Warrior. 



Below is a list of the photo gear, I will be taking for the upcoming trip:

All of this fits comfortably in a LowPro backpack and will weighs less than half of my standard DSLR travel kit. Being a travel photographer is a joy again. 

Lastly a big thank you to Fujifilm Middle East for giving me the pre-production X-E2 on loan !

Remember, " Wherever you go, there you are" 





Comments