Pic(k) of the week 4: Meydan bridge, Dubai

Sorry for being a few days late with my Pic(k) of the week. Just back from an unexpected quick visit to New York city, my day job held me from posting during the usual timing (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday).

When a city has popular landmarks like the Eiffel tower in Paris and the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco, they are often overshot by photographers. In Dubai these Architectural wonders are the Burj Khalifa and Burj al Arab

One of the less known areas for Architectural photography in Dubai is Meydan City;  a relatively new projected centred around the Meydan horse racecourse in the Nad al Sheba area.

Meydan bridge at dusk, Dubai

I've been eager to go back to the Blue bridge at Meydan for some time. Rather than having a boring blue sky, I visualised the scene with some clouds at dusk. When broken clouds appeared just before sunset, I knew where to go to! 

The bridge is a VIP entrance to the racecourse (Royal enclosure) which is mostly closed off for cars when there are no races.

Not sure if the tripod patrol would be out that night, I walked over to the bridge from the Meydan hotel and found myself alone on this interesting structure. Overall a surreal feeling!  

Image details:
Nikon D800 with Nikkor 24-70 2.8
ISO100, f8, 32mm, varying shutter speed between 0.4s and 6s
RAW processing in Lightroom 4.3
32 bit Export to Photoshop in HDR Pro
Import as a 32 bit file in Lightroom 4
Fine-tuned in Lightroom 4.3

A few more images of that night can be found here.

I hope it was all worth the wait...  

Remember, "Architecture begins where engineering ends" - Walter Gropius

BJORN


Follow me on:

Comments