Pic(k) of the week 39: I am so lucky!

While being at Mumbai (Bombay) airport last week, I had one of these, "I am so lucky"moments! Surrounding the Mumbai international airport are more than 80.000 slums. I've flying into the airport for over 9 years and the slums seem to have moved closer and closer to the aircraft. They actually have physically reclaimed part of the airport land. The government is trying hard to relocate people in order to allow for the much needed airport expansion. However only about 40% of the people living there, are entitled for the relocation plan. No surprise that this very poor community, seems to grow rather than get smaller...


2011 Pic(k) of the week 39: We are soo lucky!
The never ending hustle and busstle of the airport and their very primitive shelters, clearly give another dimension to our daily lives... I'm writing this, just as I'm off for a quick break to a 5 star desert hotel. I almost feel a shamed. What a contrast! 

Image details:
Nikon P7000
ISO 100, 173mm, f5.6, 1/400s
RAW development in LR3
Nik ColorEfex for contrast 

An eye opening video about this slum, can be found here.

Time spent making images is not subtracted from your life-span!

BJORN

Follow me on:




Comments