Pic(k) of the week 22: I went to church...

I'm writing todays blogpost from my home-country without government, Belgium. I've planned to do some photography during my 10-day stay, including an upcoming shoot at the sea port of Ghent next Thursday.
Yesterday was one of those grey, rainy days. A day that reminds one, why we left for sunny Dubai! Needless to say that gray overcast days are not perfect for photography. It is however interesting for interior architectural shoots, since the tonal contrast inside/outside is much less than on a bright sunny day. A lower contrast allows to capture most of the dynamic range. Shooting HDR (High Dynamic Range) improves this even more...
Off, I went to 2 of my local churches to shoot some dramatic interior HDR images. 


Just behind our apartment in Harelbeke (next to Kortrijk) is the "Modern" 1960's Sint-Rita church. I had never been inside the place of worship built by one of the leading Architects of Modernism in Belgium, Leon Stijnen . Shame on me, since it really is worth a visit!

Image details:
Nikon D700 with 14-24mm 2.8 lens on Gitzo tripod
3 images shot at +2, 0 , -2EV
HDR conversion with Photomatix
Black and White conversion with SilverEfex

To see more of the the Architectural church images, click here

if you haven't done so yet, please consider joining my Facebook page by clicking here.

Happy shooting,
BJORN

Comments